Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Weekly Ad Blog

Valley Fair: An advertising warfare.

Have you been to Valley Fair this holiday season? I've never seen so much advertising in a single location. I would say it's comparable to Times Square in New York. It's a mad house, but I love it. We're not talking just posters and billboards. What always tickles my brain is creative advertising, and it's everywhere in the mall. Parking near Macy's, I enter the shopping mall on the second floor and proceed down the escalator. The first thing I noticed when going down was a business man who appears to be fainted on the floor. Everyone looks at him, but no one seems to be helping him up. As I got closer and closer to this stranger, I realized it was a sticker plastered on the floor. Oooh, that got me so angry since I was fooled! Next to the feinted man was a sign. It read: "Don't feint. The new Palm One is only $199." I gave it a chuckle and proceeded to the Apple Store to get my computer fixed.

As I was leaving the Apple Store, I took the stairs up to the second floor. Puma has decided the best place to place an ad would be on the border of each step. If you're standing at the bottom of the floor looking straight at the stairs, the stairs become a wall for the advertisement. Very cool.

There were plenty more which is currently evading my mind, but creative advertising was everywhere. it's a shame they only come up with these ideas during the holiday season.

1 comment:

camccune said...

Good use of an anecdote; makes this work well as an interesting little story.

FYI, it's "faint" not feint.